8 ball in the corner pocket

pool, and other good stuff.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Object Ball Deflection, but not Throw?

Is this for real?
http://www.easypooltutor.com/article239.html
(Note it is 2 pages.) It mentions "object ball deflection", but describes it differently from what we all consider as "contact throw". This guy says 2 polished balls want to squirt away from each other, which is the opposite effect of contact throw. I would normally cut a bit more to account for throw, but this guy says to cut less. Is there any sense to what he says?

2 Comments:

Blogger Robert Johnson said...

Hey, Noj! How come you don't have a complete blog yet? I will add a link to it when you hook in a picture (post a picture, refer to it for your profile, then you can delete the post).

By the way, Joe Tucker (pro) emailed me to say that "object ball deflection" article I found seems to agree with me, that it has no scientific merit.

Wed May 10, 04:09:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Robert Johnson said...

I mean, Joe Tucker agrees with me.

Fri May 12, 03:01:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home